Movie Review: Total Recall (2012)

Total Recall is the 2012 remake of the 1990 film of the same name, starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. In this remake, Douglas Quaid (Colin Farrel) is a factory worker who, after working in a factory for many years and suffering from recurring violent nightmares, goes to Rekall, a company that implants artificial memories into your mind, and suddenly gets the memories of a secret agent. After escaping a SWAT team at the Rekall facility using his new-found fighting abilities, Quaid goes back to his home to find his wife, Lori (Kate Beckinsale) who tells him a secret about their marriage and about her true identity. Lori tells Quaid that she is really an undercover UFB agent, who has been monitoring him for the past 6 weeks. Lori then tries to kill Quaid and after a struggle, Quaid escapes his home and flees into the streets. Quaid later meets Melina (Jessica Biel), who helps him escape Lori and the dictator of the UFB, Chancellor Vilos Cohaagen (Bryan Cranston), while also helping him realize who he truly his. For a remake, I thought this movie was pretty good. It had awesome action and amazing special effects. I was always a fan of sci-fi action movies, so this movie was defiantly one of my favorites, with all the deadly robot soldiers and crazy modes of transportation. If you love flying cars and robots, but you're not a fan of remakes, this might just change your mind about how you feel about remakes because you'll be blown away with all the amazing tech in this movie. Even though I didn't see the original film, I still liked the story and cast of this new remake. One day, I'll have to see the original because I'm a fan of Schwarzenegger and I loved this film a lot. If you're a Colin Farrel fan or a die-hard sci-fi geek, you'll defiantly love this action-packed sci-fi thrill-ride about the difference between reality...and Recall.

I gave this movie a 8 out of 10 because it had amazing action scenes and dazzling special effects, but I think a lot of people liked the original film better than this one. In my opinion, this one was great, but I won't know anything about the original until I see it for myself.              

Comments

Popular Posts