First Look Trailers: The Martian

From director Ridley Scott, whose visionary eye can result in either success or disaster, comes one of this year's most secretive science fiction projects. Based on the acclaimed novel by Andy Weir, that tells of a lost astronaut named Mark Watney (Matt Damon) who gets marooned on the planet Mars after he is presumed dead, this film didn't come to my attention until just recently, remaining in the shadows of Hollywood.  

Having read part of the book (I'm a teenager, my mind uncontrollably moves from one thing to the next, even if I don't finish something), The Martian was a clever, action-packed tale of survival and hope, and something quite fresh on the palate. Now, with the book meeting the silver screen in October, I have the sudden urge to pick up the novel once more. Whether I finish the book or not, this film definitely looks interesting, with a star-studded cast from Matt Damon and Jessica Chastain to Kate Mara and Chiwetel Ejiofor. Let's just see if Ridley Scott can deliver something more fun-filled than Exodus: Gods and Kings this time.  



Comments

Popular Posts